The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) is proud to announce its highly anticipated event, Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) In The Plastics Industry, taking place October 18-19, 2023, at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel in Baltimore, MD. This event will delve into the challenges and opportunities related to PFAS usage in the plastics industry while addressing the growing concerns about their environmental impacts.
The plastics industry faces crucial questions about the utilization of PFAS and its potential effects on human health and the environment. To facilitate meaningful discussions and provide actionable insights, this event will bring together a diverse group of industry experts, scientists, researchers, and professionals from academia and various sectors of the plastics industry.
Key Highlights of the Event:
Gain In-Depth Knowledge: The event will offer a unique opportunity to gain valuable insights from industry experts who possess in-depth knowledge of the fluoropolymer and PFAS market. Attendees will be equipped with the latest information to make informed decisions.
Exploring PFAS-Free Alternatives: The event will showcase the latest technological advancements and solutions that are paving the way for PFAS-free alternatives. It will promote sustainable practices that are essential for the future of the plastics industry.
Networking and Collaboration: Participants will have the chance to connect and collaborate with like-minded professionals, facilitating the creation of partnerships and driving the development of meaningful solutions.
Areas of Focus:
The event will cover crucial aspects of PFAS in the plastics industry, including:
- Regulatory Insights: Understand the ever-changing regulatory landscape concerning PFAS and its implications on the plastics industry.
- Technical and Economic Implications: Learn about the technical and economic aspects of using PFAS in plastics and explore alternative materials and approaches.
- Additives and Substances: Discover innovative additives and substances that can replace PFAS in plastics while maintaining product performance.
Insightful Keynote Presentations Include:
- Advances in PFAS Measurement, presented by Dr. Catherine Rimmer, Research Chemist, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Advances in PFAS Regulation (Presenter to be announced shortly)
This event is tailored for professionals from across the entire spectrum of the plastics industry, including:
- Material and additives suppliers
- Extrusion: Film/sheet/wire and cable production
- Medical plastics
- Automotive/aerospace sectors
- Textiles and sportswear industries
“Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) In the Plastics Industry promises to be a landmark event,” said Iván D. López, SPE’s Director of Technical Programs. “This event will keep participants informed, compliant, and proactive in addressing environmental and health concerns while fostering sustainable practices in the plastics industry,”
For more information about the event and registration details, please visit www.4spe.org/PFAS.
SPE-Inspiring Plastics Professionals is 84 countries and 22,500+ members strong. SPE unites plastics professionals worldwide–helping them succeed and strengthening their skills through networking, events, training, and knowledge sharing. No matter where you work in the plastics industry value chain-whether you’re a scientist, engineer, technical personnel or a senior executive-nor what your background is, education, gender, culture or age-SPE is here to serve you. Visit www.4spe.org.